Monday, October 4, 2010

What's in a name? Or, a boy called Finn


It was embarrassing the first time I had to admit to someone that I'd named my boy kitten after a cute young man in a funny TV series.  It was a simple truth, but the person I confessed it to still laughed.  I added hastily that Ice-T's character on Law and Order: SVU is also named Fin, though I knew that my little black and white scruff of a kitten had little to do with that quietly cool tough guy.

The character of Finn Hudson on Glee, one of the only TV shows I bother watching with any regularity, is a young man who is full of energy and free of guile. As a kitten, my Finn embodied both of those characteristics. Now that he's a bigger kitten - I still struggle to think of him as a cat - he still retains all of that silly sweetness and oblivious boyishness that Calgary cutie Cory Monteith manages to exude every week as Finn.

Incidentally, my Finn has a propensity for watching TV.  Hmmm...  I wonder if he knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment